Tai WANDER YEARS

I am an American technology worker who just moved to Taiwan.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Probability


After a few emails back and forth with HR Taiwan and, perhaps, some things lost in translation, I'm still waiting to hear back on the one issue which basically boils down to the difference between 401k and company funded pension. I'm hoping in the end it results in a slight bank error in my favor, but I'm skeptical as I usually find the HR community chest to be empty. In any case I'm holding out to resolve this before giving a total "thumbs up". Even after that, the whole plan is slightly conditional in my mind as you never know what will happen and until I have an ARC in hand, I wouldn't describe it as "100%".  It's definitely >70% as that is the point at which the Taiwan boss asked that I inform my US boss, which I have already done.

This makes it a little difficult to address the whole situation. At what point do I:

  • inform my coworkers
  • list my house
  • sell my crap
???

At least with a little bit of uncertainty, I'm less at risk of telling anyone to go f**k themself. Perhaps I should try and quantify the uncertainty...


















This is currently at 89%.

No comments:

Post a Comment