Tai WANDER YEARS

I am an American technology worker who just moved to Taiwan.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Insane in the membrane


I think being in a sense of limbo over the whole Taiwan thing is making me slightly insane. I was having lunch yesterday and noticed that this faux patch of brick on the restaurant wall looks a bit like the island of Taiwan, no? Too much looking at maps with my MIL over this XMAS break. I was trying to get a sense of the places we had visited and which neighborhoods various family members of hers live in.
I wonder if, over the course of a few years, my perceived size of the island will shrink dramatically. I notice many comments of claustrophobia and homesickness from feeling trapped on Taiwan. I'm heading back home to the northeast tomorrow and it may snow for 2 days straight. That I won't miss, you can always travel somewhere to ski.

No comments:

Post a Comment