Tai WANDER YEARS

I am an American technology worker who just moved to Taiwan.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

If you notice at the top of my blog I have a series of random "I wonder..." questions, one of which is, "I wonder if my wife will be able to find a job?"

I'm glad to say that said quote will be coming out of rotation as Shirley accepted a job teaching math (in English) and, get this, "robotics". Myself and several of my work colleagues are very jealous at the whole robotics thing, especially since my company has a core competency in mechatronics.

Her interview process ended up similar to mine in that before making an offer, they asked to hold a video chat interview. She thinks one of the interview factors was her enthusiasm about the possibility of starting up a surfing club at the school. Surfing and robotics... Is this really "work"?!?! Can we switch jobs?

taiwanderyears.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment